Senate Bill 367 “Show Missouri Film and Digital Media Act” is sponsored by Senator Denny Hoskins (R). He has sponsored a Senate bill for a Missouri Statewide film incentive in years past, and continues to be an advocate for the jobs and economic impact this industry can bring to all areas of Missouri. This bill is a $4.5 million annual cap and provides a 25% tax credit incentive. There is consideration of 10% for qualified out-of-state expenses, as both STL and KC have crew that live on the other side of the border. An additional 5% may be awarded for both qualifying in-state and out-of-state expenses if at least 50% of the qualified film production project is filmed in Missouri. A further additional 5% may be awarded for both qualifying in-state and out-of-state expenses if the Department of Economic Development determines that the script for such project positively markets a city or region of the state, the entire state, or a tourist attraction located in the state.
Upon passing the bill would take effect August 28, 2021.
Become a member of MOMMA
- Ensure that we have your contact information for use during the 2021 Legislative Session. Enter any personal connections to members of the Missouri House, Missouri Senate, Missouri Governor’s Office – CLICK HERE
- Write a letter of support to your representatives
- Download and share these MOMMA One-Sheets:
MO Industry Information and Why Missouri Needs a Film Incentive Program
- Send MOMMA your organization’s logo to add to the supporter section
- DONATE and help us cover costs to lobby for the film incentive
Without a program we miss out on job creation and projects that impact Missouri in the millions. Join us to be a guiding force behind making Missouri competitive for film and television projects.
Thank you for supporting the film industry in Missouri. In 2019 the film incentive bill made it 65% of the way passing an informal House vote, but as it was not given a formal floor vote, the bill did not move forward.