Senate Bill 732 “Show MO Act” is sponsored by Senator Denny Hoskins (R). He has sponsored a Senate bill for a Missouri Statewide film incentive in years past, and continues to be an advocate for the jobs and economic impact this industry can bring to all areas of Missouri.
House Bill 2106 “Show MO Act” is sponsored by Representative Kurtis Gregory (R). This is his first time sponsoring the film incentive program bill.
Both bills are an $8 million annual cap for film and an $8 million annual cap for episodic and provides 20% tax credit incentive.
- An additional 5% can be earned if at least 50% of the project is filmed in Missouri.
- An additional 5% can be earned if at least 15% of the project takes place in a rural or blighted area.
- An additional 5% can be earned if at least three departments hire Missouri residents to advance their skillsets.
- An additional 5% can be earned if the script positively markets a city, a region, the state or a tourist attraction located in Missouri.
Upon passing the bill would take effect August 2022.
- Become a member of MOMMA
- Ensure that we have your contact information for use during the 2022 Legislative Session. Enter any personal connections to members of the Missouri House, Missouri Senate, Missouri Governor’s Office – CLICK HERE
- Write a letter of support to your representatives naming either SB 732 or HB 2106 – FIND YOUR LEGISLATORS
- Download and share these MOMMA One-Sheets:
MO Industry Information and Gone Girl Breakdown/Map of Current Incentives in the USA
- SIGN the PETITION
- DONATE and help us cover costs to lobby for the film incentive
Without a program we miss out on job creation and projects that impact Missouri in the millions. Join us to be a guiding force behind making Missouri competitive for film and television projects.