House Bill 1767 “Show Me Missouri Film and Digital Media Act” is sponsored by Representative Katheryn Swan (R). She has sponsored this bill for the past seven years. Rep. Swan is a champion for the film industry in Missouri after witnessing the impact it had when David Fincher’s Gone Girl filmed in Cape Girardeau, Missouri. This bill is a $4.5 million annual cap and provides a 20-25% tax credit incentive. There is consideration of 10% for qualified out-of-state expenses, as both STL and KC have crew that live on the other side of the border.
Become a member of MOMMA
- Ensure that we have your contact information for use during the 2019 Legislative Session. Enter any personal connections to members of the Missouri House, Missouri Senate, Missouri Governor’s Office – CLICK HERE
- Write a letter of support to your representatives
- Download and share these MOMMA One-Sheets:
MO Industry Information and Why Missouri Needs a Film Incentive Program
- Send MOMMA your organization’s logo to add to the supporter section
- DONATE and help us cover costs to lobby for the film incentive
Without a program we miss out on job creation and projects that impact Missouri in the millions. Join us to be a guiding force behind making Missouri competitive for film and television projects.
Thank you for supporting the film industry in Missouri. In 2019 the film incentive bill made it 65% of the way passing an informal House vote, but as it was not given a formal floor vote, the bill did not move forward.