Columbia, Missouri’s second film festival, “Citizen Jane,” is gaining notice quickly in and outside of the state.
CASTING NOTICE: Seeking cast for a short drama being shot in Columbia. Non-paid. Characters needed:
Dennis: 20’s, male, white
Gwen: 18-20, female, white
Jeff – 40+, male, husky
Danny – 16-18, male, white
News reporter – Male or female
Casting in the evenings the last two weeks of September. Second unit filming begins in late November, principal production begins the last weekend of January. Email email@example.com for more information.
CALL FOR APPLICANTS
The True/False Film Fest has openings on its submissions committee for documentary screeners. Hundreds of films arrive from around the world over the course of programming the festival, all of which are viewed at least once, some several times. Screeners would be responsible for watching a minimum of 50 films (short films as well as feature-length) over six months, and posting short reviews of the films. In addition, screeners would be asked to attend 2 or more weekly group screenings a month, which occur in the evenings and include the entire submissions staff and their opinions. While this is a volunteer position, benefits include a free festival pass, bonus gear and the chance to see fascinating and obscure films with fascinating and obscure people.
To apply, please reply to the following questions and send your reply to our submissions director David Friesen at: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Write a biographical paragraph, touching on age, profession and interest in film.
2. List any previous T/F films you have seen, and your impressions of them.
3. Based on what you’ve seen, what sort of films does True/False champion? Is the True/False program lacking in any areas?
4. What qualities make a film great for you? And what qualities make a film awful?
5. (Optional) Rent a T/F film or a non-T/F documentary from 9th St. Video or elsewhere. Write a paragraph-length review, and give it a score from 0-10, with decimals (0 being unwatchably bad, 10 being a perfect film).
As this is being sent to an e-mail list, please feel free to forward it to anyone you know who might be interested. Thanks for your interest, and applications are much appreciated!