Missouri Motion Media Association Committees Retreat
Committee Retreat Overview
July 7th, 2008
1) Get CVBs on board â€“ We should have a member from each CVB – Lorah Steiner
2) Identify â€œfilm friendlyâ€ organizations/individuals in each city and recruit â€“ Kevin and committee
3) Develop membership â€œhit listâ€ from MO Film production guide – Kevin
4) Become familiar with MOMMA membership benefits – All
5) Revamp on-line membership directory when revamp web site so we
can add photos and have members be able to update their own profiles. – Bill Mathis
6) Select date and location for first quarterly networking event â€“ Kevin & committee
1) July 30th â€œLeadership Meetingâ€ in St. Louis to discuss legislative agenda &
a. Tax credit summit
b. Developing a DVD to promote the industry – Steiner, Ketcher, Tucci, Mead, Hansen
2) Plan a â€œDay at the Capitalâ€ during new session â€“ Ketcher, McCollum
3) Make a list of MOMMA members and contacts and the legislators with
whom they have strong working relationships â€“ Steiner, Ketcher, McCollum
4. Develop stories about small townsâ€™ experiences with productions/benefits -Steiner
5. Develop a contrast and compare sheet â€“ Missouri vs. other state programs â€“ Mark Biggs?
6. Get a â€œpro-businessâ€ message crafted – ???
7. Develop active program to get local officials and state officials to sets â€“ Work with communications committee
Film Office Tools/Resources for Independent and Student Projects
1) Create a photo base of locations around Missouri (Working w/Missouri Life
a. Need software to support â€“ Contingent on Film office budget
b. All locations pictured must have owner info and form on file
1) Identify film contact for each region/city â€“ (Work with film office to develop list.
2) Update Production Guide (MOMMA intern has started this process)
3) Provide permit info for each city/area
4) More information on funding sources, tax credits, etc.
a. How to sell project
5) Resource page for students/new filmmakers
6) Information on distribution channels â€“ traditional and e-distribution
Dawn Erickson: Please review all of the above and consider how the Communications Committee can assist.
1) Will be in Columbia in later February, 2008
2) Will combine legislative reception with True/False and conference
3) Non-member registration fee will include membership
4) Focus on: New technology; film financing and distribution
5) We agreed to explore a tradeshow (Lorah and Beth will meet with the hotel)